Thursday, February 7, 2013

Super Bowl Halftime is Gametime: Part II

Ok back to business today as we finally discuss out thoughts on Beyonce's electric performance at halftime Sunday. I must admit that this was one o the more entertaining performances I have seen in a while. Major props are given to the men and women to played their part in making this show spectacular because, would Beyonce really have entertained the crowd on her talent alone?

Is It What We've Expected?

This show was exactly what it should've been. It was a very entertaining show and after it was all said and done Beyonce left the stage with the audience overwhelmed with excitement. In the previous blog, I said that we should expect to see a milder side of Bey on stage with some steamy moments. Now come on, you know that Beyonce and Destiny's Child has put a lot more "sexy" into their shows than they did Sunday night. As all the dance moves were used to simply wow the crowd, the only portion of the show that made me hold my breath was when Beyonce took off some of her clothing at the beginning at the set (was I the only one hoping for a wardrobe malfunction part 2?). One more thing, Beyonce sang her ass off with her real voice!

After Show Buzz

During the second half of the game, I spent some time reading reactions on social networks. Before the power outage in the third quarter (conspiracy) I read many tweets from fans that read, "That performance gave me life," and "I'm so inspired." Have we truly gotten away with so many bad performers that society has forgotten what a real show is? Honestly, though Beyonce did show out on stage Sunday, I can not say that her performance was the "best ever" and totally ignore some of the greats who put on shows like that day in and day out. Once the power went out in the stadium I read all the comments from people saying, "Beyonce's performance knocked out the power," and "Illuminati has a hand in this." Ok I, for one, do believe to some extent in the illuminati propaganda but, this is starting to get out of hand. Let's get this straight, light technicians and engineers spend years and years calculating for an event as big as the Super Bowl Halftime Show. They know every little detail involved within the systems, and I doubt the stress of the performance would have been enough to cause a shortage.

Final Thought

Ok, I am tired of talking and hearing about Beyonce's life day in and day out and I believe that you are too. Overall, the halftime show lived up to all of the hype with a great performance from a true professional in the game. Also, congrats to Kelly and Michelle for show up and taking the fans back in time. An even bigger shout out to Michelle for making it through the show without any trips, falls, shakes, or lost of lyrics. Next post we will discuss the upcoming Grammys and an exciting idea that was given to me that I believe you all will like!

Live the Music....

No comments:

Post a Comment