Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Grammys! Live Interactive

Here we are music heads!  I hope you all are comfortable on your couches and ready to get this show on the road! Have your laptops ready and your minds open as we begin our live discussion. First, I would like to congratulate all of the REAL musicians who have won their awards back stage before the event even airs.  I have my television tuned in on the TV Guide channel where Randy Jackson as defending his ailing TV show and its "credible" judges.  What do you think of the Grammy Awards Red Carpet so far??? Be sure to leave your comments and observations.

Stay tuned for my next update at the beginning of the show. . .

Okay folks, Taylor Swift opened the show with a mediocre performance so I hope they can do better with their next performing artist.  Thank God for my boy LL Cool J for saving the show with his explanation on why the Grammys are so important in music. Whoever made the set list for this show should be considered for termination due to the fact that I have yet to see the crowd pumped for this event.

Next update in 30 minutes! 

Congratulations to Adele for earning her seventh Grammy for Pop Solo Performance!  Honestly, if anyone else were to win that category I was prepared to call for a riot.  The question that I must ask is why is everyone pushing the line for this dress code? Now lets look at Fun.'s horrible performance for a minute.  It seems to me that we all love to use auto-tone for the records and grand sets on stage to hide the lack of talent from these artist.  You can not tell me that you expected the lead singer of Fun. to blow us all away with that voice did you?

As for John Mayer and this country performance. . . . I am not a huge critique for fashion but John Mayer, come on man! Looks like someone took an old Barney costume and made his tuxedo with it.  I am not a fan of country because it is not as entertaining to me but I have to give Miranda Lanbert credit for giving a very talent-filled performance.  Have you noticed that she was the only artist to receive a standing ovation so far?

Back in 30!

Hell yes! I am so happy to see Justin Timberlake is back and blacker than ever.  Not only did he have a live band but he was able to pull off a live orchestra as well.  Kudos to possibly the greatest performance of the night.  As much as I hate to say it, congratulation to Frank Ocean for his Grammy for Best Urban Contemporary Album (best singing nigga album).  Did anyone notice how upset Chris Brown was to lose to the man that he jumped earlier this month?  Did anybody notice Miguel's reaction to his second loss of the night?  How do you feel of the events so far?

See you in 30!

If I have to hear Alicia Keys' "Girl On Fire" I am going to jump into a flaming pit of tires and run out singing my best version of "Man On Fire."  Okay, maybe I am going a little too far on this one but she has way too much talent to be putting out such boring music.  Congrats to various artist on their awards and I feel for those that had to perform after Justin Timberlake.  Okay, let me take a moment of silence for all of music as I have just realized that Rihanna has won seven Grammys. This performance is a little dry and I don't know why people are blowing Rihanna up like this. Here is a tip from E Wills Music to all my up and coming artist:

NEVER FEATURE SOMEONE IN YOUR PERFORMANCE THAT CAN SING BETTER THAN YOU. . . 

Wait a minute, did "No Church in the Wild" just win over John Legend and Nas?  Ok I have to go before I break this computer. Look out for the Bob Marley tribute and Justin Timberlake's return to the stage!

Back in 30!

Why is Drake so upset during the Bob Marley tribute?  Great performance from all of the artist involved.  Did not expect Sting to appear with his guitar and do that duet with Bruno Mars.  Good to see the sons of Marley on stage paying tribute to their legend of a father but, where are the other 48 of the Marley clan?  This performance has inspired me to be on stage right now so I have to ask if this topped Justin Timberlake's earlier performance?  Congrats to all of the winners so far and I am not looking forward to see Frank Ocean perform live so I can what the big deal is.  I'm expecting him to be exposed for his lack of on-stage talent.  He may be a hell of a song writer but some writers need to stop using auto-tone to make them into stars.

Almost Over!

I am so excited for Gotye for winning Song of the Year! Great music needs to be recognized and publicized to the world. Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are making the Idol creators proud with their awards and longevity in the business.  Both had incredible performances tonight and I look forward to seeing them again next year. Did any of you,music heads, take notice to Jack White's performance?  I find it odd that he did a mellow performance with all female musicians and then rocked out with all males.  So are you telling the audience that women can't stand toe to toe with male musicians?  It was great to see Kenny Garrett perform Take 5 during the jazz tribute. I believe that was a good way to sprinkle a little class on the awards show.


Final Thought

Okay music heads, I have met my time limit and now it is time for me to watch The Walking Dead (don't judge me).  Congratulations to all of the winners tonight and their performances for the evening.  Make sure you watch Frank Ocean's performance and let me know how you feel about it!

OH HELL NO

Now you know that there is no way in hell I would miss Frank Ocean's performance!  I am not surprised at Frank Ocean's performance tonight.  I am more upset with the fact that people are all over facebook and twitter demanding respect for this man. There are some performances that I have came across in my career that makes me want to reevaluate why I do what I do and that was one of them.  I can easily name below average performers that I attended college with that could have done a better job than what I have just witnessed.  I will be the first to say that he has a very creative mind and the industry needs that but, did the industry really give him all that hype because of his talent or his sexuality?  Wake up people we need to demand better talent to be put out on these streets! I believe I know what our next topic will be. . . .

Live the Music. . .

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that people actually followed the dress code that CBS put into place but, does it really make sense to have to tell adults how to dress for an awards show? They don't have to do this for the Oscars. Maybe this shows how today's mainstream "artists" really feel about music....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Ashely I also have to note that strips and polka dots should NEVER match! I don't know what to say about this performance I have just witness though. . . .

    ReplyDelete